Vasiliy Marunyak: “I have no complaints about the players, they are great!”
In the UEFA Youth League Astana U19 played at home against FC Dinamo (Zagreb) with a score of 1:1.
7 November, 2018
The Head Coach of the capital team summed up the meeting in an interview with the Press Service of the club:
-We are satisfied with the organization of the game, both in defense and in attack. We initially understood that the opponent was a very good team with fast forwards and a mobile midfield line, based on this we relied on fast attacks. In terms of commitment and organization of the game, I have no complaints about the players, we did not endure a bit at the end of the match, made mistakes, which led to a return goal against us. In general, we are satisfied with the content of the game, but we understand that we can and should play better.
- Did the opponent surprise you with something?
- We studied the opponent very carefully, knew their strengths and weaknesses. I liked that the Croatians, playing even in the minority, still tried to even the score, played until the last minute. This is what distinguishes the European teams, we need to learn this from them. In general, thanks to the guys for the match, they are great. Now a number of our players will go to the National Under-19 Team, I wish them victories in the selection for the Euro, we will all be supporting for our national team. The rest of the guys will have to rest and continue preparing for the return match in Zagreb.
- Today, due to injuries, Dusembayev and Sagnayev did not play. How severe are their injuries, will they have time to recover for the second leg?
- We did not have enough today Sultan Sagnayev, who is the leader of the team. Adilzhan is also an important team player. I hope they will be in the team by the return match.
- Will the conceded goal greatly affect the preparation for the return match?
- No. We will not change the game plan, maybe we will play more aggressively in attack and defense.